You hear a close friend of yours backbiting about you to other friends. He does not know that you can hear. You know this same friend is always nice to you when he is with you. You feel sad and betrayed by the friend’s behavior.
· Tell him off, then hit him
· Go into depression because you feel bad about what he said
· Decide that he is a two-faced person and give him the silent treatment
· Spread rumors about him since he did the same to you
· Forgive him
· Confront him and calmly share how you feel
· Ignore it and give him a second chance. Realize that he also has weaknesses just like you
What choice are you going to make? Life is a mission, not a career. A career is a profession. A mission is a cause. A career asks, “What’s in it for me?” A mission asks, “How can I make a difference?” If the Prophet (pbuh) had made his dawah a career, he would not have been able to accomplish his mission, and we would not have been Muslims.